Reporting to a Production Manager, this position is accountable for leading and coaching a non-unionized production team and ensuring the efficient operation of manufacturing to meet and exceed objectives related to service, quality, cost and speed that meet or exceed customer requirements and organizational objectives.
- Remove obstacles to performance to increase efficiency.
- Meet daily production objectives and manage each shift with respect to production efficiencies, effectively utilizing corporate resources, labour, equipment and materials while meeting budget objectives.
- Supervise a team of hourly employees involving a high level of interaction with team members.
- Meet daily and long-term safety, quality, efficiency, uptime, and cost objectives.
- Ensure regulatory compliance with respect to IATF 16949 through enforcement and compliance of company SOP's (Standard Operating Procedures).
- Ensures and promotes the implementation of quality, health and safety and productivity improvements. Identifies, investigates, corrects and documents potential problems.
- Resolves technical problems that arise and coordinate line changeovers.
- Resolves work problems and recommends measures to improve productivity and product quality.
- Shift work with opportunity for bonus or overtime pay