Date Posted : 2022-06-15
Job Type : Industrial Engineer
Location : Windsor
Annual Salary : TBD
Years Experience : 5 plus
Lead Continuous Improvement efforts focused on Manufacturing processes, Material flow, Labor utilization, Production efficiency and help in achieving the Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost objectives of the organization..
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• BS: Electrical Engineering, Industrial Technology, or other technical discipline plus 3 years experience in a controls/robotic environment;
• -or- 7+ years experience and training in a similar role and environment.
• Knowledge of WCM/Lean Manufacturing principles and practices with JIS?JIT production systems
• Experience in automotive assembly processes is preferred.
• Experience in planning and coordinating new program launch activities
• Experience in coordinating special projects, purchase and justification of capital equipment.
• Experience in creating process flows, Work standards and inventory management systems.
• Experience in performing manufacturing cost calculations and managing cost reduction projects.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Hands on experience in implementation of lean tools involving Kaizen, Pull system of material flow, Kanban, JIT, Total Productive maintenance, Value stream mapping, 5S, Visual Management, SMED, Continuous flow and Standardized work in an automotive manufacturing setting.
• Time & Motion studies, Line balancing, Capacity planning, Labor utilization, Production planning and control and other industrial engineering principles.
• Layout planning and design using AutoCAD.,Microsoft Applications, MTM analysis
• Good knowledge of business performance measures and plant operation metrics used in the automotive industry.
• Demonstrate strong leadership abilities, good written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent computer skills and proficiency in MS Project, Access, Excel, Power point and Visio.
• Good understanding of PPAP, APQP, FMEA, 3 step 5-why root cause analysis, Process capability studies, TS 16949, ISO 14000 and other quality tools & systems used in the automotive industry.