The HR Administrator accurately and efficiently answers inquiries related to HR policy or process, interprets basic policy issues where necessary, executes transactions related to core HR areas and effectively manages all inquiries. The role will also play a critical role in HR analysis, report building, and payroll.
• HR records and HRIS: Ensure data integrity, appropriate approvals, and timely processing of all transactional requests, e.g., new hire, salary changes, departures, transfers, leaves etc.
• Responsible for day-to-day operations of the processes above including answer calls / emails, completing forms, drafting letters, processing transactions, and managing cases for our associates across Canada.
• Support the new associate on boarding processes by interfacing with IT and other office functions regularly.
• Document calls / emails received thoroughly in case management and triage to appropriate party.
• Escalate complex inquiries and follow-up to ensure that escalated inquiries and transactions have been resolved.
• File and manage employee documentation related to the processes listed above.
• Identify opportunities to increase productivity through continuous improvement.
• Support annual salary, promotion and bonus administration procedures.
• Support the Talent Management process locally through generation of reports and presentations.
• Conduct exit interviews for departing employees (as applicable), enter results into the exit interview database if required.
• Document and process associate and organization related data in accordance with privacy laws.
• Work with Payroll team members as needed to ensure all required transactions are processed accurately, efficiently and seamlessly for associates available.
• Support annual salary, promotion and bonus administration procedures through generation of reports and presentations.
•Participate in HR projects as necessary through HR data analysis, report building, and mapping current and future state processes and procedures.
• Other related duties as assigned by Manager.
HR Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related area experience (1 to 3 years of experience in a HR department).
Strong computer skills in all Microsoft Office applications including intermediate Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills.
Experience with using HR case management tool/platform considered an asset.
Experience using an HRIS.
Basic working knowledge of employment standards legislation and variances by province.
Ability to deal with highly personal and confidential information.
Confident and resilient nature with ability to quickly gain credibility and capable of developing close, collaborative relationships with all parts of the HR team.
Strong attention to detail, interpersonal and communication skills - especially via phone and email
Ability to prioritize activities and deliverables to demanding deadlines.
Strong analytical and problem solving skills.