GENERAL MANAGER/PLANT MANAGER
POSITION SCOPE: Has overall accountability for production and business (Complete P&L) results for the entire facility/plant. Involves employees in continuous improvement activities and projects and ensures adherence to quality and operating systems.
SAFETY, QUALITY, & ENVIRONMENTAL OVERALL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act in compliance with the company Health & Safety policies and procedures including any applicable legislation.
- Notify the appropriate personnel of any situation or condition that may contribute to product or process non-conformity.
- Comply with the Environmental Policy and contribute to its goals and objectives accordingly.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Creates and maintains a positive and safe working environment through individual and team leadership support, along with communication, direction, and employee development.
- Develops and implements plans to efficiently use materials, labor and equipment to meet production targets.
- Plans and manages plant budgets.
- Reviews and adjusts production schedules in order to maintain an inventory of raw materials and finished inventory.
- Plans and implements changes to machinery and equipment, production systems and methods of work.
- Directs quality control inspection systems and develops production reporting procedures.
- Ensures the development of and reviews equipment maintenance schedules and recommends the replacement of machines.
- Hires, supervises and trains or oversees training of employees in the use of new equipment or production techniques.
- Ensures there is consistency of application of company policies, practices and procedures.
- Accountable for driving continuous improvement in cost, quality, and on-time delivery through planning, organizing, and scheduling work assignments with the team and engaging support groups using Lean Manufacturing techniques.
- Evaluates employee performance and provides timely and constructive feedback to employees on individuals and/or team members.
- Provides direction, leadership and motivation to the managers and employees of the facility.
- Supervises, mentors and coaches the management team to improve quality and total production output.
- Determines workforce requirements.
- Works closely with and support all departments to ensure involvement in and continuous improvements of all systems – Management Review, APQP, PPAP, CPI, customer and supplier issues, cost improvements.
- Ensures performance goals for Management Review and department are established and met.
- Maintains corporate benchmark status in housekeeping activities. Ensures that each department establishes and maintains safe and clean working environment goals. Ensures that responses to workplace inspections are completed and maintained.
- Maximizes company profits. All cost areas are within budgeted parameters.
- Other duties or tasks as assigned or required.
CORE COMPETENCIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations.
- Technical Skills - Pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Customer Service – Responds promptly to customer and supplier needs; meets commitments; develops positive relations internally and externally.
- Communication – Communicates clearly and effectively with all team members (customer and plant). Works effectively with a variety of people with different personalities, and effectively leads projects to fruition. Listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions. Edits work for spelling and grammar; presents information clearly and is easily understood.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies, procedures, work instructions and practices; completes administrative tasks accurately and on time.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Dependability – Follows instructions; responds to management direction; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Judgment – Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures.
- Computer/Information Systems Skills – Demonstrates ability to use the tools available (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Project) and able to find documents, policies, work instructions as required.
- Continuous Improvement – Supports company vision and mission for World Class Manufacturing. Generates ideas and suggestions for improvements.
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Engineering or Business Degree required with 5-10 years of supervisory/management experience.
- Automotive Production experience in a World Class environment
- Well organized.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments.
- Outstanding conflict and resolution skills
- Positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills
- Proven team building and strong leadership skills
- Proficient knowledge of Outlook and MS Office tools