Quality Assurance Chemist Sr --
• This position is responsible for maintaining product quality and consistency through proactive monitoring and process improvement programs.
• The incumbent will lead the Quality effort in a key paint area, facilitating monthly meetings with a cross-functional team.
• The incumbent will use Root-Cause Analysis tools for evaluating internal and external customer feedback through corrective action and non-conformance management systems.
• This position will work to assure quality of products produced in paint, leading efforts to continually improve the quality of products and processes.
• The position will partner with other business unit sites to improve Quality Assurance systems and facilitate training in Root Cause Analysis and use of tools to drive improvement in process capability.
• The incumbent will function as a key paint non-conformance investigator and close out non-conformances after appropriate corrective actions are reviewed and corrective action effectiveness is verified.
• This position will also be responsible for being the paint ISO Quality representative. This will involve supporting other business unit sites by leading internal audits and participating in ISO/RCMS review meetings.
• Designed to accomplish: assessing process capability of this plant; identifying quality gaps or deficiencies in processes in business, R&D (i.e., planning for quality), and improving and/or addressing them; be one of the resident experts in quality across wide range of areas.
• BS in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering, a must
• At least 5 years of practical work experience in the automotive manufacturing
• ISO 9001:2008 experience, including auditor certification required at a minimum as an internal auditor, and preferably as an external auditor.
• Must possess a strong sense of urgency, excellent leadership skills, customer commitment, and be capable of working effectively in a fast paced team environment.
• Polymer Chemistry experience and knowledge in paint - desired