PURPOSE OF THE JOB-
- To provide expert Engineering support for the design of optimized, competitive, safe and sustainable facilities with focus specifically on developing value enhancing engineering solutions.
- To provide knowledge of Process Technology and Unit Operations in the design, selection and start-up of principal process equipment.
- To conduct process improvements studies to meet specific objectives established by Operations
- To assist in plant start-up and troubleshooting.
- To assist in the implementation of the plant safety program.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE-
- BS degree in Engineering from accredited institution, preferably in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering
- P. Eng. or eligible for license
- Knowledge of control systems, with proven ability to lead cross-functional teams and/or process projects. Knowledge of electrical and control systems desired.
- Expert in the use of Microsoft Office and computer literate
- Strong understanding of Machine Guarding and related Process Safety Concepts and their applications
- Knowledge of applicable Codes and Regulations
- Strong technical skills to help troubleshoot problems in the different manufacturing areas
- Strong knowledge and experience with
Lean principles, TPS, Kanban, 5S, Six Sigma, etc.
- Support of site production (troubleshooting, optimization, supervision, etc).
- Support of Capital Project work for detailed Engineering
- Support and provide Process/projects initiatives in Production processes, time studies
- Support of optimization initiatives
- Support Corporate wide Process Centre of Excellence
- Operating Unit support for major production disruptions and process upset troubleshooting
NATURE AND SCOPE
The Process Engineer will be centrally located and will have specific discipline and technology responsibility (Packaging for this position). Supports Operations and company departments by providing them with packaging engineering support, including scoping, design, cost estimation, start-up support, and/or drawing review and approval.
The Process Engineer will evaluate design options for determination of the best optimized design. They will provide troubleshooting for operational issues on an as needed basis and work with Production Supervisors and Operators on a regular basis to affect productivity and efficiency improvements. They will assist the Operations Manager and Production Supervisors to provide technical support throughout the plant operations.
The position will support Capital project work load for design details, project management and supervision of contractors; and will support Operations on an as-needed basis. The position will have daily or weekly interactions with other members of management on site as well as EHS and maintenance personnel.