Date Posted : 2022-06-15
Job Type : Manufacturing/Process Engineer
Location : Windsor
Annual Salary : Negotiable
Years Experience : 7 plus
POSITION SCOPE: Manage Product activities by leading cross-functional team from concept through to design and development and provide technical guidance through life of program.
SAFETY, QUALITY, & ENVIRONMENTAL OVERALL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act in compliance with The Company Health & Safety policies and procedures including any applicable legislation.
- Notify the appropriate personnel of any situation or condition that may contribute to product or system non-conformity.
- Comply with the Environmental Policy and contribute to its goals and objectives accordingly.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Management and leadership of new product development/launch programs. Negotiate, define, communicate and manage the scope of the project.
- Ensure that the appropriate team members are engaged for all new program feasibilities (Design, Process, and Manufacturing).
- Plan and manage internal and external program communications, ensuring effective exchange of program information and deliverables.
- Managing the program to the timeline, meeting key milestones up to completion. Support manufacturing, and quality functions through milestone events as required using lean principles.
- Identify, analyze, prioritize, mitigate, and communicate program risks.
- Managing the change process as they relate to product design to ensure timely implementation of product changes.
- Managing the program scope and SOW, including quoting cost, time and product impact for manufacturing changes as they relate to product design.
- Understand and communicate client business needs to the internal team. Promote high standards of professional integrity on all proposed and actual client business solutions.
- Communicating program expectations to design suppliers.
- Support customer plants at launch on product issues.
- Ensure timely completion of design activities understanding internal and external customer requirements.
- Coordinates and participates in company design reviews.
- Conducts manufacturing feasibility with the Plant who will be manufacturing the product.
- Debugging issues during the life of the program on design responsible jobs.
- Responsible for ensuring Time studies are conducted.
- Adhere to the company internal processes and procedures as applicable.
- Manage Critical Metrics: Launch Timeliness, Launch Rejections, Launch to Budget, Program P/L.
- All other duties as assigned by direct supervisor.
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelors degree is required (Engineering, Manufacturing, Industrial or Electrical), Advanced Engineering Preferred
- A minimum of 7 years of automotive work experience, including 3 years in Process Management and or Product Management, and 3 years in Manufacturing or Engineering.
- Experience with product assemblies.
- Strong working knowledge and application of lean principles
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple simultaneous projects involving cross-functional product teams within budgetary and schedule constraints.
- Strong technical and business aptitude.
- Good financial background.
- Strong people management skills.
- Knowledge of Project Management principles, methods and techniques.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel.
- Expert level knowledge in one or more of the following CAD, Statistical software and Statistical Analysis, SQL
- Self-motivated and able to work with limited supervision.
- Strong teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Persistent attention to detail.