Date Posted : 2022-06-15
Job Type : Controller
Location : Windsor
Annual Salary : 120K
Years Experience : 5
As Controller, you will serve as a key business partner to the organization, providing strategic counsel and support to the business leadership. You will be responsible for the ongoing management of strategic and operating financial plans, reporting & analysis, and ensuring that corporate financial policy and procedures are followed. You will also provide oversight for relevant financial performance assessment, forecasting, and target setting processes. To foster a high performing organization, you will coach staff as appropriate and support capability development.
Key important challenges and opportunities for this position include:
- Understanding the business segment's product offerings, differentiation in the marketplace, channel to market, and supply chain.
- Preparing and coordinating various financial reports and economic data. Utilizing financial background to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of the business's financial results. Interpreting the results of external and internal business trends to provide advice and counsel for decision making.
- Providing oversight for the financial performance assessment, forecasting, and target setting processes, including results summaries for appropriate forums. Advising management on financial and economic planning and guiding management in review of the actuals compared to operational plan, prior year, and/or forecasts.
- Advising the business team and financial management on the financial consequences of various business decisions and alternatives including pricing scenarios, break-even computations, product mix changes, terms of sale, inventory modeling, capacity expansions, etc.
- Coordinating capital spending activity between Manufacturing, Marketing, R&D and Controlling including the reporting and analysis of actual spending and preparation of the Capital Plan.
- Performing special projects as appropriate including the analysis of major capital appropriations, restructurings, or acquisitions
- Serving as a change agent within the business, proactively identifying and implementing opportunities for key process efficiencies to improve overall business and financial operations.
- Leading in the management and development of assigned financial staff to maximize efficiency, ensure clarity in accountabilities, and cultivate spotlight behaviors amongst the team.
- Ensuring maintenance of sound internal controls.
- B.S. Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Economics or equivalent is required. M.B.A. and or CPA are strongly preferred.
- Eight years of broad-based financial management and accounting experience, ideally in a global process driven manufacturing company.
- Experience with economic evaluations and cash flow modeling as well as financial planning and adhoc financial analysis.
- Knowledge of accounting theory and practice including cost accounting, general ledger, financial statement preparation, budgeting and internal controls.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills; the ability to think and act on both strategic and tactical levels.
- Must be highly motivated with strong self-directed capabilities.
- Ability to effectively interact with employees at all levels and exhibit the potential for significant future career growth.
- Strong PC skills in MS office applications and automated financial systems is essential. SAP Preferred