|Home | Contact Us|
||December 23, 2017|
|Materials Manager - High Volume Automotive
PLEASE SEND RESUME TO: email@example.com or call Darlene, Day or Evening at 519-979-6026
Under the general direction of the Plant Manager, in a unionized environment, plans, organizes and directs the activities of Employees engaged in Material control, Material planning, Material flow, Shipping, Warehousing, and Traffic Management, including customer liaison, so as to ensure compliance with customer schedules. This position provides production inventory to support operating plans and customer schedules using a sophisticated MRP system.
• Manage, co-ordinate and assist in the activities of the Materials Department, including shipping, receiving, inventory control, scheduling, purchasing, container management, and logistics.
• Analyze all customer releases in order to create an effective production schedule and communicating this schedule to the appropriate departments.
• Participate in, support and contribute to corporate materials management initiative
• Develop, plan and act upon continuous improvement initiatives within the materials department and provide specific direction to all staff to ensure success in completion of the established objectives
• Develop and review plant production plans and schedules and associated inventory targets.
• Responsible to report on inventory to include days on hand, stock outs, all variances
• Review shipping schedules to ensure all customer (internal and external) customer delivery schedules can be met
• Develop capacity plans and review capacity utilization and make recommendations with the appropriate personnel
• First Line Management customer contact and emergency contact for part supply and other (internal and external) customer needs and participate in the development and execution and if required communication of any corrective action requests made by the customer due to failure/root cause in the Materials function
• Minimum of 7 years progressive experience in Manufacturing Automotive Management
• Minimum 5 years management experience with salary employees and hourly employees in a unionized environment
• Strong understanding of production processes and material flow
• Ability to perform well in high pressure situations.
• Strong business acumen with proven track record in meeting and exceeding established targets
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Experience in positive team relations with employees.
Job Type: Full-time
Graduation from University with a degree in business administration or equivalent.
Preference given to applicants with CPIM or APICS
• Progressive Manufacturing Automotive Management with demonstrated ability to lead: 7 years
• Automotive Manufacturing Experience in a JIT Environment preferred