ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH & SAFETY SPECIALIST
The Environmental, Health & Safety Specialist will lead all EH&S initiatives in the facility to drive improvements on a daily basis and implement Plant initiatives and goals effectively while providing leadership to the team. The EH&S Specialist will also be responsible for:
- Directing the resources and activities of the local EH&S team
- Maintaining an appropriate level of awareness, knowledge, and preparedness across the site to create a culture that prioritizes EH&S and balances overall costs
- Reviewing internal EH&S policies and practices to ensure they are current, conduct hazard and risk assessments, and change existing, or develop new recommendations for these assessments
- Serving as a Plant expert within the field when called upon to address regulatory agency compliance issues, third party safety, environmental, and liability consultants and subcontractor representative
- Developing an annual budget
- Provide regular written reports, as well as, other production related results and updates to the Management team
- Devising, supervising, and coordinating training programs and media which will increase proficiency in safe practices and promoting EH&S awareness
- Participating in the scheduling of safety meetings across the site to review EH&S performance and policies
- Addressing specific reporting and record keeping requirements of OSHA and EPA, as well as, other pertinent safety and regulatory compliance matters.
A qualified EH&S Specialist will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Safety, Environmental, Engineering, or related field and 5 years’ experience in Health, Safety, and Environmental. This person should also have advanced knowledge of manufacturing practices, regulatory agency requirements, and industry standards. The EH&S Specialist should have strong verbal and written communication skills, strong reasoning and judgement ability, strong negotiation skills, and the ability to make sound judgement.