DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create requests and prepare quotes, including tooling and internal cost sheets. Able to clearly identify assumptions within the quote.
- Know the different major types of plastics including their performance and requirements for injection molding. Understand basic injection molding processing and secondary manufacturing. Has a basic understanding of Lean manufacturing methods (waste reduction, 5S, JIT, Poke Yoke, TPS, Kaizan).
- Process engineering changes, internal changes and tooling changes, following proper procedures including creating Purchase Orders, obtaining PO numbers, and filling out requisitions.
- Kick off tools or equipment by issuing a tool kick off form and issues final release data to the tool builders.
- Fill out timesheets, understanding what hours and other costs are applicable to SRED (Scientific Research and Experimental Development Tax, and understands how to identify potential programs for further submission.
- Manage customer engineering change process. Keeps customer system updated as well as internal systems
- Manage customer temporary change system. Obtaining timely approvals and keeping internal systems up-to-date.
- Manage customer invoice requirements to ensure timely payment of tooling P.O.’s.
- Manage customer launch system requirements with OEM’s
- Support customer launch build events as required.
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelors degree or diploma is required (Engineering, Manufacturing, Accounting, or Business).
- A minimum of 3 years of automotive work experience, including experience as a program manager.
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple simultaneous projects involving cross-functional product teams within budgetary and schedule constraints.
- Strong technical and business aptitude.
- Good financial background.
- Strong people management skills.
- Knowledge of Project Management principles, methods and techniques.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel.
- Self-motivated and able to work with limited supervision.
- Strong teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Persistent attention to detail.